Foundation of Stone and Resource Industry Research and Development Center (AKA, Stone & Resource Center) is a non-profit, research and service based research institution. The Stone Industry Development Center was organized in the August of 1992, and founded by the Industrial Development Bureau of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan Quarry Products Industry Association, and other members of the industry. It is one of eight major research entities under the management of the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
With the recent recession in construction, and the impact of the importation of stone products from Mainland China as Taiwan entered WTO, the stone product industry and become more international and higher valued. The Stone Industry Development Center therefore adjusted its short term missions and expanded its service areas. Starting from January of 2005, the special project research funds were given by the Ministry of Economic Affairs for the long-term research of water resources. In January of 2006, the Ministry of Economic Affairs listed the water resource research and support as the second core task of the center and suggested a name change. Thus, the center officially changed its name to Foundation of Stone and Resources Industry Research and Development Center.
It became an important research foundation for Eastern Taiwan, and explores the sustainable development of mineral and water resources.
The first coreStone
- Environment：Waste treatment technology, wastewater treatment engineering.
- Stone surface treatment technology：surface maintenance, clean-up, disease treatment, non-slip treatment, antibacterial and antifungal treatment developmen; development of engineering methods and grinding consumables the components development.
- Mechanical and electrical automation technology：automatic control technology, power control system.
- Testing services：water quality, material testing, the Stone tiles testing, construction related testing.
- Information technology：computer-aided engineering software design, production management software, the mechanization of the industry.
- Innovative design：stone / sanitary products and space design, green design, public art, community building, etc.
Second coreEastern Water Resources (deep ocean water)
- Desalination, watershed control technology and water distribution system development.
- Quality analysis control: marine environmental monitoring, deep ocean water quality testing.
- Raw water applications: cultivation of marine life, functional water development and utilization
- Machining process development of the • eastern water resources applications. (Such as sorghum, algae food)
Third Corecultural and creative industries
- Eastern industries with local characteristics counseling.
- Eastern bicycle tourism and leisure industry are imported.
- SMEs and micro-enterprises project counseling.
- Services operating model innovation and incubation.
- International exhibition marketing.